How to put your best (tiny) foot forward.

One of my dearest friends invited me to do a little shopping this afternoon and I had to take her up on it.  I was actually thrilled when she suggested we hit the mall and I will tell you why.  This girl loves to shop and I always learn when I follow her through the hallowed halls of any shopping establishment.  It's not simply her love of shopping but rather her it's her amazing eye and knowledge of fashion.  She is truly remarkable.  As we quickly trotted past hand-painted silk dresses and other marvels she giggled at the recent invention of both mink and feather merkins, specifically that PETA was up in arms over such atrocities.  For those of you that don't know, a merkin is "fashion apparel" for your nether region, specifically the front part of it after you've removed the hair that occurs there naturally.

(This one is neither fashionable nor has the wearer waxed, but it's still my personal favorite so I had to share.)


Now Chewbacca actually has something to cry about. Poor wookie! 

She marched through the front door of Neiman Marcus with a self-assurance I can only dream about.  I am a plus size and I, too, love fashion so we talked about the fact that the real designers don't create items for ladies of my girth.  Not many of them anyway.  Yet here she was, flipping through her mental fashion Rolodex looking for designers that have plus size brands and do a good job with "women's" sizes.  We stopped so she could have a quick conversation with a slender sales lady during which more designer names than I knew existed were tossed back and forth, the end result was always the same.  The sales lady would shake her head a bit and softly mutter, "No, we don't carry that line." I am pretty used to being disappointed by a lack of choice with regards to high end clothing but I am not used to shopping with such a skilled fashion mercenary.

Let me tell you something.  I like shopping with her. The girl is hands down the most fashion aware person I know and her taste is frankly, impeccable.  She has the eye of an artist, certainly the focus and passion of one.   I always have loved to shop with her but today she inspired my undying loyalty and love while we were in the shoe department.  I picked up a minuscule designer shoe and sighed, "Can you imagine having feet this small?  It must be terrific to be the daughter of tiny parents!"

Her quick reply? "Or have had parents that had the foresight to bind your feet when there was still time!"

She was already on her way out of the shoe department (she's little but she is fast!) but tossed that quick-silver remark over her shoulder and made me hiccup with laughter.  I almost swallowed that tiny shoe!


I love my new fashion heroine! 



From now on I will call her Mademoiselle Bobbie Brooks.

Yours,

Miss Pierce

Followers

Total Pageviews