Pork. Be Inspired.

Last night in an effort to redeem myself for having accidentally slept all day and then acted like a 90 year old woman, I jumped when a friend invited me out for a beer.  That's right.  A beer! Ha!

And you thought I wasn't exciting anymore!  I wore make up, made some small talk and ordered a very hoppy beer while we watched the Broncos get their asses handed to them.  Honestly, that was kind of boring after having pretended to watch the Saints lose to the 49'ers.  Yeah, I was out until 11:30 last night.  The dogs were shocked, I could tell.  They didn't think I had the rebel in me anymore, but I do. So there.

All that excitement definitely made it's way into the recesses of my brain because my dreams were hoppin' last night.  I dreamt about my missing cat, Howard.  I also dreamt that I started working for a farmer who specialized in organic pork.  Yes, that's right.  I dreamt I worked for an organic pork farmer.  In my dream I was so excited to have the opportunity to work in this new business and I was chock full of exciting ideas about how to set up the office.  When they told me they could only pay me 30k a year, I was okay with that.

"I want to learn about the business and more about business in general.  The best way to do that is to help build something from the ground up!"  I told them and then I went to argue with the FedEx man.

In my dream.  I argued with the FedEx man. On behalf of a pork farmer.

The worst part of it is that about a year and half ago I had another dream wherein I was told,


"If you are a pork loin all your sins will be forgiven." 


The kingdom of heaven is within you, specifically in your chunky little loins. 



Seriously, what is WRONG with me?

I haven't taken the time yet this morning to Google the meaning of pork in dreams and I'm not sure I want to.  The whole thing is very disturbing.

On the plus side, when I got up and let the dogs outside this morning, Howard was there waiting to come back inside.  Thank GOD because I was so worried about him.  I don't know where he has been for the last 2 days but he's back now looking no worse for wear and sleeping off his breakfast from the center of my down comforter.  I'm so very glad he's back, I am.  I love Howard and I was crushed with worry over his disappearance except...well....except for one teeny, tiny thing.  I'm embarrassed to admit it because it's kind of selfish.

I can't help it but just when I think I'm really building up some steam in the old social life, I am trumped by a cat.  A cat who, by the way, I estimate is somewhere near 150 years old.  Yes, Howard went out (ostensibly for a quick trip to the bathroom) and stayed gone for 2 days.  I'll be honest.  His fur smelled a little funky this morning, not unlike stale cigarette smoke and jazz music.

It's not fair, is it?  I bet he's not dreaming of pork farming right now. Bastard cat.

Well, I hope he enjoyed himself because it is game on now, my hairy little friend!  He doesn't know it but my friend Rhonda asked me if I'd like to join her and a couple of other ladies for a trip to the movies this afternoon.  That's right.  We're going to see "Joyful Noise" with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Howard!  You and the dogs are soooooo naive!  You think you are the only hell cat in this house but you are so sadly mistaken.  I'm not ashamed to say that after the movie, the girls and I might just stop by Rafferty's for an appetizer and a drink.


That's what I call "Joyful Noise" bitches! 

Oh yeah.  That's right.  There is a very good chance that I will miss 60 Minutes tonight.  Don't even bother to wait up.

Your ever lovin',

Miss Pierce

Followers

Total Pageviews