Today, not so much.

You know that day you wake up to a gray sky and a matching mood? The one that makes you want to put your head back under the covers and stay there until your mom calls you to the table for dinner? Of course, now that you are an adult no mom is going to make you dinner. The mortgage, the trip to the grocery store and dinner preparation are all on your own shoulders. Boo! That means my only meal today will consist of 2 tortillas, some stale bugles and whatever ice cream is still in the fridge. Poor me, right? It's sooooo hard!


Looking for inspiration on the web I plugged the word "love" into Google news. Initially, I thought I found something truly inspiring because I discovered a story about oxytocin and how it makes mothers kinder. That seemed like interesting and happy news except it turns out that there is a catch. Of course there is a catch. In the study men that were given oxytocin instead of the placebo had their already good feelings about mom increase (yay!) but men who had less than rosy relationships with their mom had the negative feelings increase. So the "cuddle drug" is only cuddly on the good side. Apparently it can turn on you, just like everything else! BOO!

So much for my quick plan to put prozac and oxytocin in the water across the United States. If only it were that easy to improve the emotional balance and kindness quotient of our populace overnight!

Turning my attention to another story that caught my eye, "The Love Trapazoid",  I discover more bad news about the economy instead of the happy anatomy (or possibly math) lesson I was hoping for. The author points out, again, how shaky our world economy is and why. "Pay attention to Geithner and read between the lines" he advises.  Invest in energy. Well, great. I haven't invested in energy, I invested in Nordstroms. Damn Wall Street, I have GREAT boots!

I am going to put them on right now and go downstairs for a bowl of ice cream.  Who needs reality on  a day like today?

From her location hiding under the covers...

Your ever lovin',

Miss Pierce

Followers

Total Pageviews