My last rainy weekend with Mister Bates.

Monday of next week I will embark on a new chapter.  I start a job that I am proud to say is exactly perfect for me at this time.  Here are a few reasons why.


  1. The team that hired me is top notch.  They are hard working, good people.  Very smart and witty. It's the only combination that works for me.
  2. At long last, I have *real* opportunity to grow in my role!  I can walk in the door at the executive level and keep going up for some time before hitting a ceiling.  Heaven!
  3. My commute time was just reduced by more than half.  Woot!
  4. On site massage, pharmacy, bank, cafeteria, dry cleaning....need I say more?  A benefit rich environment makes this girl happy.
From where I stand today this next chapter looks very pretty.  I said, "Yes.  I'll take that one, please." 

On the downside, that means this weekend represents the end of my love affair with rainy days in bed and Netflix.  Lately, that means rainy days in bed with Downton Abbey.  No thanks to my Aunt Sandy I am now HOOKED on the show and dreadfully in love with one Mr. Bates.  He's so noble and brave!  He has kind eyes that crinkle at the corners and he practically beams with patience and strength.  He is kindness personified.  


My hero!


I have such a thing for him and he's not a short, Jewish guy with a smart mouth.  Go figure.  I surprise myself sometimes! 

*sigh*

Anyway, I've been running around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to get everything pulled together in anticipation of my new role.  I LOVE being an administrative assistant and I find myself already chomping at the bit, ready to learn the ropes so that I can be my new bosses' right hand woman.  I love it.  

Okay, I've been running around until last night when I crawled into bed with Mister Bates and watched him....just watched him....be, you know, noble and kind.  *Swoon*  This school girl crush I have must revved up the boy crazy part of me because on Facebook this morning, I saw a post about my old imaginary boyfriend, President Obama and I fell in love all over again!  Check this out.  It's SO adorable.  (Unless you are John Bohener or Neil Borst, then avert your eyes.) 


Oh, I am so in love with you, too!  Wink wink!  So many attractive men and so little time.  (Miss Pierce gazes dreamily into the monitor which brings 2 dimensional pictures of love right to her, even with bad hair.)

Speaking of which, I had the hair taken care of by getting a fabulous new cut.  My crazy locks are now a sleek tight bob which practically screams that I am a pulled together professional ready to take notes and submit reports.  I look fabulous!

I look fabulous and I'm in love.  It's my last, rainy, sleep-in-late weekday and I am on my way out the door to have Thai food with my wonderful friend, Ianna who always looks pulled together.  She is a pistol.  I can't wait to see her.

So, there it is folks.  I am officially going back to work.  Yay!  If you are worried that this will stop my rambling blog posts from happening, definitely not!  The only thing I love more than my imaginary boyfriends, self-respect, piles of money and frequent awards for doing perfect work is my new found blog.

In other words, I doubt I'll ever shut up.

Goodbye for now, my loves.  I must away to lunch with a tear in my eye because I cannot be with the imaginary men of my dreams.

Your ever lovin',

Miss Pierce


Followers

Total Pageviews