If I remember correctly, that's life.

Strangely enough I find myself getting the same TGIF glow that I used to think was the result of a week of hard work.  The routine of being somewhere every morning, doing your job and then commuting home.  Who wouldn't love Friday and thank God for it every week?  Except the thing is that I have spent the better part of the last year focused on doing nothing.  That's right.  I enjoy reading the paper, drinking coffee in my robe and sometimes starting the day with champagne, fruit juice, assorted cheeses and french bread.  In no way am I living the same way I did when I was working Monday through Friday.  Yet, here it is, Friday and I can't help it.  I'm thrilled about it!

I was chalking this all up to habit or the simple fact that I am goofy when I stumbled across this little gem.  It turns out that the problem may be my rapid mental decline.  This is not great news!  I might be gonzo in as little as 6 years?!  That is so unfair!  I didn't even get married yet!  I still need to adopt a child and good lord, what will happen to the 6 children I do have?  I should introduce you to my adorable brood.



This is Molly and no, she doesn't smoke.  That's a rawhide.  She is so very smart that she keeps telling me she will do my taxes for me.  I would let her if she didn't keep losing control of herself and shredding the forms mid-preparation.


This is her brother, Hollister.  He is the sweetest boy you will ever meet.  He's a lover, not a fighter.  His nicknames include, Sir Licks-a-lot, Lover Boy and I can't remember the rest due to the significant decrease in my cognitive function of late.


This is Howard.  Howard is the most senior of my four kitties (yes, I said four!) He showed up on my door step late one night and was literally a bag of bones.  I told him I did *not* need another cat and immediately ran inside to get food and a blanket to bring him back from death's door.  I think you can see that he successfully returned to the land of the living.

There are 3 more but I'll let them be represented by this cartoon image because I can't remember their names.


Yes, it's true.  Miss Pierce is the epitome of the Crazy Cat Lady. (See action figure below)


A cat lady that found out today, on this very joyful TGIF that she can expect her mental state to decline rapidly over the next 6 years and slide right into dementia in her early 50's?!?

Why the heck am I trying to get healthier? This new time table changes everything! I am starting to think that my morning mimosa should be made with vodka and not champagne.  Why haven't I learned to manage my hair?  I am heading to the salon for that keratin treatment I've always been to cheap to pay for asap.  I'm rethinking my bucket list and moving a trip to Amsterdam (which honestly isn't even on my bucket list) to the top so I can go out with a bang!

(Picture me horrified by the red light district and trying to save stray cats near the Anne Frank house.)

Look, I realize that tomorrow is promised to no one and I don't mind dying but as a late bloomer I feel that early onset dementia is a little harsh.  The best approach might be to work towards selective dementia.  Perhaps in the future I'll find that every day is TGIF and I'll forget to worry about things like frizzy hair and my fear of heights.  I think I'll spend my golden years trying out new sports like parachuting and competitive eating. Not together though.  That would be gross.

Oh and before I forget.  You still owe me $50.

Ha! Just kidding.

Your ever lovin',

Miss Pierce

Followers

Total Pageviews