All this and still I want more.

Not too long ago I lied to my brother about having read Viktor Frankl's memoir, Man's Search for Meaning. I lied mostly because it was easy but also because I knew that one day I would read it.  I was simply waiting for the right time, something that in this case would be dictated by my mood.  I knew that it would not be easy to read.

I was right. It's not easy to read.


I am slowly chipping away at Viktor's story and as I do so, I find myself feeling very protective of him.  I wish I could stop what happened to him (years ago while he and his wife were still alive) but I can't.  I can't stop most of what is happening each and every day. In other words, I have no control.

None.

Let's face it, not even Miss Jackson is in control. 

Which is probably why when my boss opened up a box of chocolates and left it on my desk today I gobbled 4 or 5 of those tasty little bits before I made myself put the box away.  Was I thinking of Viktor while I did it?  Only a little bit because I was concentrating on work but I didn't feel guilty. He would have done the same, I think.  I did wish I could share with him though.

Belgium in gentler times, for Viktor.


I made sure to notice natural beauty as much as possible today. The only place I didn't see it?  In the mirror, of course!  There should be a law that if a woman is busy and her make-up has begun to slide down her face that someone has to tell her about it before she looks like Baby Jane.

If you don't know which one of these ladies is Baby Jane or who, in fact, Baby Jane is then you are too young to read my blog!
Sometimes I wonder if there really is any more to life than watching it while it's unfolding and thinking, "No shit! I truly did/did not expect that"!

Which brings me to my next subject....old friends.  Quite a few of them have been popping up on the radar screen lately.  It's so great to catch up but also awkward to have a discussion with a middle-aged stranger after having been super close as teenagers.  Is the person I remember still there?  It hardly seems like it.  Stranger still to have this husky voiced stranger tell me that I don't sound like myself.  Listen, buddy, I might look middle-aged but I have the untouched voice of a 16 year old school girl! 30 years of exhaling Marlboro Lights through my nostrils did NOT alter my voice.  Sheesh.  Some people! Equally strange in my book are the friends who were once young and plump, even fat, who are now skinny.  I know it's healthier but.....they look so skinny!  Let's all have some more sandwiches and beer.  I want to hug more of you in the future, okay?

I think I am finally getting used to my new schedule and I sincerely hope the dogs will get there soon. After 2 days of hospitalization, fasting, x-rays and enemas Molly is finally back at home.  She doesn't seem to poop like she should yet which is worrisome. This most recent trip to the vet cost almost as much as my mortgage.  I came home with Molly, who can't poop, last night only to find that her brother Hollister had the opposite issue.  I should have played lotto yesterday.  There was a whole lot of luck going on in my world.



I don't mean to wax philosophical on you.  No one wants to read that.  I just wanted to say, "hello" and remind you all that this thing called life is nothing more than a crap shoot (unless you are Molly).

Go hug someone.  Call your mother. Pet a squirrel.  Do something before you discover that your life is over and all you really did was not pay attention to the good stuff.

Oh and by the way....your ass looks hot in those jeans, baby!

Your ever lovin',

Miss Pierce

Followers

Total Pageviews