You still awake, Old Gal? You are? How bizarre.

Every time I look around, it's in my face. 

For reals.  "You still awake, Old Gal?" was the text message I found when I woke up late this morning *cough*at 6:45 am *cough* not like an old lady*cough*who fell asleep watching tv at 11:00 pm the night before.*cough, cough*

Damn cough.

Thanks to New Zealand for the famous 90's export OMC and their song, "How Bizarre" for the lyrics.  The sentiment this song expresses is one that we all have in common.  "Destination unknown as we pull in for some gas.  A freshly pasted poster reveals a smile from the pack"  How many times have I told you that Life is full of surprises and many of them are good?  Even WONDERFUL?!

I've said it a lot.

A lot, okay?

Admittedly because I tend to repeat myself to the point of being known in my circle of friends as a person that "beats a subject to death".  Some friends, huh?

We understand your point already, Miss Pierce!

You know what?  I can't help that I'm right!  Life is truly full of surprises, both good and bad.  Just because you don't know what is waiting for you around the next corner doesn't mean you should fret about it.

Sumerians created statues to worry and pray on their behalf 24/7/365.  Now that's problem solving! 

One of our most important survival skills as human beings certainly has to be our ability to problem solve and sometimes that skill combines with stress and makes us into hand-wringing worriers.  Countless tubs of ice cream, jogs around the block, deep breathing and prayer sometimes leads us....well, absolutely no where.  Which can instill a sense of failure in a creature that is hard wired to worry....er....problem solve.

Please don't smite me.  I have faith, see?  I'm totally not worried about what-might-happen!

You know why pictures of these famously nervous statues are never shot from behind?  It's not because everyone wants to see the luminous eyes or expressive faces.  No.  It's because Archaeologists know that without a great deal of training most people would become frightened when seeing what's happening at the "back door", so to speak.

“To be or not to be that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them.”

Yes...Life dishes out plenty of surprises and no one knows what will happen next.  It's definitely a wild ride and this earth is not a place for the faint of heart (or faint of buns?).  We all suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, as you can see above.  Ouch, right?

Despite all these well known truths we still manage to live and even live through it....whatever it is. For better or for worse  we face the unknown every moment we are alive.  For the most part we project all that uncertainty onto the future with imaginary scenes of "what-might-happen."

Then, in the midst of all that saving for a rainy day and preparations for the unknown, Life decides to mix it up and heap a whole lot of wonderful on our plates.  Out of the blue, just when we thought we were going to have to make due with lunch from the vending machine again.  Oh Life.  You saucy minx, you.

Lance crackers again?  Why doesn't this thing ever have something fresh, with a little goat cheese, even?  

Yesterday I woke up (yes, super early like an old lady, okay?) with OMC's famous tune on my lips and I felt that my old friend Life was in a kicky-happy-to-be-here-wait-until-you-see-what-I-am-up-to-today kind of mood.  It felt like something to be cheerful about.


"Seriously, Dude.  I did not see that coming!" WHEW!" 

The dogs really liked the song and the video which reinforced my sense of the general "alright-ness" of the day. (Of course, they always perk up at the site of a convertible.  That's all they can think about...car rides, walkies, treats.  Sheesh.)  As I ignored their worried pleas for a walk in favor of watching Chicken Run one of life's most amazing "coincidences" took place in New York City.

I know because I got a text about it.

Guess what?  Just like in the darling claymation film I was watching Life decided to take a turn for the better.  Yesterday, no one was turned into Pot Pie and no one got an arrow of outrageous fortune in the ass.  Some days, Life just turns up the, "It's okay to come back out and play.  I promise to dial back the smiting for the rest of the afternoon."  You know what?  I'm a big, big fan of that attitude.

Trust me.  No one wants to end up as pot pie! 

When you decide to put in the effort, Life, you can be truly amazing!  You have so much potential for love and goodness.  Can't you see that about yourself?  You blow people's minds all the time without even trying!  Do you even think about the impact you have when you go storming about tearing up anything that might be in your path?  Oh Life.  I love you so much, especially when you are at the top of your game.  There is no one better then.




Thanks for providing the miracle of healing yesterday...oh and for the real New York pizza afterward. You rock.  I love you.

Your ever lovin',

Miss Pierce

PS Now about my rainy day fund....

Followers

Total Pageviews